It’s a new new year and time to publicly put up your New Years resolutions. Every year I like to write down my goals for the coming year so that I can look back and see them. I try and share them publicly so that other people can see them and harass me over the year if I haven’t kept up with my goals.
I highly recommend that you do the same. I would love to discuss your goals with you over the coming year if you’d like!
John Ramptons New Years Resolutions 2015:
- No sugar for 6 months – 1 cheat day a month.
- Abs of steal – I want to have a six pack by December 31, 2015.
- Grow Startup Grind to 500,000 users as well as 5000 premium users. Blog at 1.2 million readers a month. 1600 events a year.
- Grow Hostt to 250,000 customers.
- Triple Adogy revenue in the next 12 months.
- Grow personal John Rampton site to 250k unique visitors a month.
- Charge my phone outside of my bedroom on a nightly basis. According to my sleep tracker, I sleep 30% better without my phone in the bedroom at night.
- 3 vacations with my beautiful wife Kristy Rampton.
- Sleep on average of 7 hours each night.
- Visit 3 different countries that I haven’t been to prior.
Another goal that I’m not going to specify is down time. Every single human needs down time where you’re not working, not stressing out, and not planning. This can be hard for some entrepreneurs like myself to achieve, which is why you need to schedule it in just like you do meetings and doctor appointments. At least 30 minutes each day should be dedicated to slowing down. The difference between a successful entrepreneur and one that fails is knowing how much “me time” is needed each month”. My goal is to take at least 30 minutes every day with zero distraction. This basically means no phone, TV, internet or other distractions.
It isn’t easy share your goals publicly but once you do it’s pretty awesome to see how accountable you feel.